Classes & Workshops
Fun, interactive and exploratory classes and workshops in which students learn the professional techniques of creating everything from caricatures to graphic novels. Create, develop and draw your own unique characters.
In the Graphic Novel Workshop (PDF), I touch on:
- Facial Expressions
- Creating your own character with depth, purpose and personality, skills, flaws, weapons, clothing, etc.
- Dynamic Action
- Pencilling, Inking and Colouring
- Scripting your story
Mediums such as penciling, inking and colouring techniques for shading, suspense, humour, drama and action are utilized..
Workshops consist of fun, quick-paced, interactive exercises – alone or in groups – that teach and apply the above techniques.
I can also arrange private lessons or small private groups that are not affiliated with an art school.
I’ve also have created and taught workshops on:
- My Dog Wears Pajamas: Creating your own graphic novel character or cartoon character
- Look at the Nose on That Guy: How to draw caricatures that exaggerate facial features but still retain the essence of your subject
- Perspective Without Pain: Basic principles of 1, 2 & 3 point perspective
- Life is a Cartoon: Satirizing everyday events and people
Contact me today for more information.
Upcoming classes will be posted.